Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bookmark - Tim Holtz Distressed Embossing Powder

I made this at today's FREE make and take at The Scrapbook Page. I had a great time! The store wanted to show off a couple of their new Tim Holtz products. I've really become addicted to this store as of late...much to my poor husband's dismay.
I went ahead and put my watermark on the photo of the bookmark I made, even though I didn't design it. Hmmm...hope that is okay.
Speaking of Tim Holtz, I just came across his blog. Didn't know he had one. It is HERE. Hmmm, he is kinda cute - don't ya think?
This was a very quick, but fun, project. The chipboard keys come in a packet. I couldn't find the packets in the store - I think they sold out. I would like to find some key die cuts someday and just make my own.
Anyway...to distress the key:
1) Smoosh the key down into the Tim Holtz ink pad "rusty hinge" I think was the name.
2) Smoosh the key down into Versamark
3) Then sprinkle the brand new Tim Holtz Distressed EP over the key and heat set. I think the color of the EP was corduroy - but the salesperson said any brown would work. After it is distressed - it really feels like sandpaper! Cool!
4) Then tap the key with the brown ink again. It adds just a bit of color. Pretty hard to see it...but adds a wee bit of dimension.

Another fun trick I learned was distressing twill (see the ribbon in the photo). It was just ivory twill and you just swipe the Tim Holtz ink pad over the twill on both sides. I will definitely start doing this for my shabby chic cards (you know...those future cards...lol...)
Enjoy!

No comments: