Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pumpkin Card with a Country Look

Supplies:  SU Stamp Set "Jack of all Trades" and SU Stamp Set "You're a Gem", Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Ivory Naturals Cardstock, Wild Wasabi Cardstock, Wood-grain Background Stamp, Wild Wasabi Ink, Early Espresso Ink, Early Espresso Cardstock, Pumpkin Pie Ink, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Twine, Wild Wasabi Ribbon (cut into a thin strip), Adhesive, Dimensionals

This is not my typical Halloween Card!  I usually go for whimsy.  But, I thought it would be nice to have a couple cards on hand with a "country look".  This card is lovely in person - there are many, many textures to this one!  I didn't have any skinny wasabi ribbon, so I cut my wasabi ribbon in to thin strips.  I love it this way!  It started to fray and I loved the texture!  I also love twine and the natural texture it adds to projects. 
The pumpkin is made by stamping pumpkin ink on pumpkin paper.  The green strip is made by stamping wasabi ink (woodgrain stamp) on wasabi paper.  For the pumpkin stem.............I actually didn't use the stem in the stamp set.  I needed something bigger to tie the ribbon on to - so I cut a handmade stem out of early espresso paper.  I hope you enjoy this card!


No comments: