Friday, January 8, 2010

You're So Sweet - Valentine's Day Card

Here is my first Valentine's Day Card of the year. We will be doing this at our make and take (Girl's Night Out!) Thursday night. I just LOVED the simplicity of this card. It is one of my goals to try some simple cards this year - I truly believe they can be just as stunning as some of the cards with oodles of layers - just in a different way.
I came out of hibernation for just a bit today. Ah! Actually, I wish I was joking. ;-) The temps here in Kansas are just horribly cold - and we had a blizzard. There is much snow on the ground, so we've been staying inside. Eli has been home from school for 22 days. So momma is going a little stir crazy! It is really hard to get anything done with a new puppy and a little boy. I love them dearly, though! Below the supply list, you will see what my son did to his own hair today!!! He cut it himself!!! Oh my!!! I'm soooo embarrassed. Too funny. AND - we have a game in the morning and there is no time to go to the salon before the game. So, he'll just have to play the game with a silly hairdo!
Hopefully - there will be many more Valentine's Day Cards to come. My New Year's Resolution was to clean the craft room - so I really, really, really hope this will inspire my to create waaaaaay more in 2010!!!
This is a case from page 55 of Papercrafts magazine, Jan / Feb 2010. Although I did change the sentiment, stamp set, add the liquid applique, and the bling...it really looks very, very similar. Enjoy!
Supplies
Stamp sets: (latte stamp) Shirley's 2 Girls, Cream in my Latte; (sentiment) Verve, Delightful and Delicious
Cardstock: White Linen, Real Red, Creamy Caramel
Punch: Marth Stewart Doily Lace
Ink: Black Stazon, Tim Holtz Tea Dye, Real Red Stampin Write, White Liquid Applique
Ribbon: Archiver's Black and White check
Die Cut: Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
Other: Sponge, Blender Pen, Red Bling Kaiser, Dimensionals

Eli cut his own hair today!

Me and new puppy, Lukas, ringing in the New Year.

1 comment:

The Wired Angel said...

Oh Sherrie... not to fret! I think all kids do this. I have a pic of Thom at the ripe of five or so that's almost identical. Just a big chunk of hair missing right out of the front like Eli's. Too funny! This is one of those pics you will have to show his bride one day! See you Thursday.