Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hi Cutie

My first non-A2 card! Watch out...I'm getting whacky! :-)
Yes, it is about time I branched out and made a card that wasn't the usual 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. This one is 5 x 4 1/2. Cuh-razy!
Another way I'm branching out? I tried a new ink! I asked the staff at Archivers for a good black ink other than Stazon. They said they love Stazon, but another good one is Archival Ink by Ranger in Jet Black. I'm lovin it in a big way. It is waterproof, non smear, fade resistant, and acid free.
This card layout is cased from Melissa Phillips. She used different colors, different patterns, and a different sentiment - but the rest is very similar. She was published in "Card Creations Volume 7" by Papercrafts.
This owl has been very popular this year. I've seen the little guy in at least 3 of my card magazines. He's so adorable - I can surely see why everyone loves him. I love how he looks sort of like elementary school art.
*The owl was stamped on designer paper, and then trimmed out. I attached him with dimensionals, so the image would "pop".

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Big Owl by Hero Arts. Sentiment is Woodland Animals by Hampton Art.
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger
Cardstock: Kraft (SU), Designer paper with the dots is SU (I think it is Urban Oasis...retired), Designer paper on the owl is Basicgrey "Granola"
Ribbon: Stampin Up
Other: Glue pen, dimensionals, sparkly black brads in the eyes (the package is long gone...sorry I don't know the brand), adhesive, corner rounder punch

No comments: