Friday, October 23, 2009

Potion Bottles

What a project! I've been working on my Potion Bottles for 2 days! I hope you enjoy them! April came over last night and made some for herself, too. It was a lot of fun!
I'm giving some to E's teachers, and some to a couple friends.
I've filled them with Russian instant tea. I'm not sure if this is a "true" Russian recipe, but I found it online, and it looked like fun. It is not the most gourmet tasting stuff on the planet (not exactly fine British tea), but it sure is fun. I think kids would like it. It looks pretty in the bottle. I had to make 2 batches to fill 8 bottles.
These potion bottles are actually plastic, even though they look like glass. So they will be easy to mail. There were 3 for $5 plus shipping from Taylored Expressions. I love that place!

Supplies:

Stamp Set: Punchy Potions from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Black, Confetti white, and DSP from Taylored Expressions on bottle; elegant eggplant, black, white, and Taylored Expressions DSP on recipe card. DSP for spiders is sei.
Ink: Black Stazon, watercolor pencils on cauldron, except bubbles and water done in stampin write markers in green galore and pumpkin pie. Orange stickles on bubbles. Chalked around the cauldron in orange and chalked 3 varying colors around the border. Corks in SU CRAFT ink - only orange, black, and elegant eggplant.
Other: Oval Nestabilities (plain and scalloped - both) by Spellbinders, Ribbon from Taylored Expressions, except the 1 in gingham (other), scallop punch and circle punch plus Martha Stewart spider punch on recipe cards, jewels from Michael's on recipe card.




1 comment:

The Wired Angel said...

Sherrie.. these are adorable. What a great idea. You are very creative and talented! Hugs, Peggy