Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Rocky Mountain Getaway







We just returned from a short trip to Rocky Mountain National Park in Grand Lake, Colorado!  We had a very relaxing getaway.  I was geared up for lots of hiking and wildlife sightings, but unfortunately got very little on both counts.  The temperature was in the low 30's, and it was very muddy, snowy, and wet.  So, it didn't make for good hiking conditions.  We did hike a little, but just not as much as we wanted.  Eli spent most of the time playing in the snow and thought it was neat had a chance to preview the winter snow, before everyone else back home.  We enjoyed watching him play in this winter wonderland.  We were hoping to see moose and elk.  We didn't see any moose, and we only saw about a dozen elk.  And my photos of the elk didn't turn out great.  Bummer!  It was cloudy and overcast each day we were there, and I am not skilled at taking photos in those conditions.  However, I am pleased with my photo of the hawk (above).  I hope you enjoyed this little peak into our Colorado vacation!

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like you had a lovely time.