Thursday, March 12, 2009

rock Card


Here is the card I made yesterday. This is a non Stampin Up! card. Sorry, peeps! :-) Oh - except the chunky glitter and the black paper is SU!
My friend is throwing her little boy a "Rock Star" birthday party. I am an unorganized person, so don't go thinking I always make a card to match the theme of the recipient's party! I didn't even do that for my own son, who had an "Army" birthday party! (Because I didn't stamp in November...too busy).
But, I was in Archiver's and I just happened to see this paper. And I thought it would be perfect for a Rock Star card...so here it is.
There is NO stamping involved at all. It is super easy. The only trick is making sure you put glitter on the letters the day before you want to make the card...b/c otherwise, the glue will not be dry.
Directions:
Step 1: Cover the top of the "rock" chipboard letters in Crystal Effects. Then, just sprinkle the chunky glitter over the letters, and push the glitter down with light pressure with the cap (just to get it to stick). And I did all this on a sheet of parchment paper, so it wouldn't stick to the paper. Let dry overnight.
Step 2: Cut sheet of silver cs in half. Use that half for the card. Layer the star designer paper on a basic black layer. Put a silver brad in each corner. Adhere the top layer to the silver card.
Step 3: Trim out the guitar from the other designer paper. Place on the card using dimensionals.
Step 4: Glue "rock" letters directly on to the card using Tombo multi glue. (don't use too much...like I did on the "r").
Supplies:
Stampin Up! Chunky Glitter (silver), SU! Basic Black CS, Tombo multi glue, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Adhesive, Silver CS (don't know the brand, Archivers), Rock Star CS (DSWV, Archivers), Rock Guitars CS (DSWV, Archivers), Silver Brads (don't know the brand, and I think they are from Archivers).
NOTE: I should have used pink sticky strip to adhere the black piece to the silver CS. I used snail. But, I didn't realize the silver paper is kinda slippery...so it slides around a little. That won't happen next time....since now I know.

No comments: