Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bigz xl Die Bag w/ Scallops by Dana

I made this at our Shoebox Swap. This was Dana's swap. She designed it and cut out the pieces for us. All I had to do was stamp and assemble! It was much easier than I thought it would be. I think it is very elegant looking...yet with a touch of whimsy. And perfect for Spring! Only problem is...on my way home from the swap, I stuck this down in my craft bag, and there must have been some ink from another card that wasn't dry yet...b/c I got a green smudge on the lower LH corner. :-(
Thank you, Dana - this one is beautiful! I don't think Dana has a blog or I would link my post to her blog for you.

Supplies (All Stampin Up! except the velcro):
Bigz xl Bag w/ Scallops, pg 195 of the catalog, $34.95
Big Shot Machine and Plates
Cardstock: Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss (Both Textured)
Stamp Set: Fifth Avenue Floral...and the "friend to friend" is from another stamp set, and I don't know what set it is from. If you know...please leave me a comment.
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Ribbon: Kiwi Kiss / Very Vanilla, and Twine
Other: Self-Adhesive Velcro (from Michaels or Hobby Lobby), Word Window Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch for the dots we adhered in the middle of the flowers, tiny hole punch, pink sticky strip

Directions:
Cut out 1 full box using white card stock. Then slide the kiwi kiss cardstock down to the very end (the scalloped part) of the Bigz die, and get your green piece. Adhere the green piece on the underneath side of the white flag, so a little green peeks through. Stamp images on the front and back of the box. Assemble box. Paste dots in middle of flowers. Tuck and tie ribbon under the flap. Stamp message and cut out with the word window punch. Tie on the ribbon with some twine. Stick a piece of Velcro on the inside of the flap and on the front of the box, so the lid will stay shut.

No comments: