Monday, March 9, 2009

Monkey Business Birthday Card for Matt

Here is the card I made for my husband's birthday. I hope you like it! I think it turned out great. I had to make a monkey, because he calls me Monkey Girl. :-)
And his heart is in my hand (see the card). :-)
Supplies (All Stampin Up! Except the ribbon and red heart):
Stamp Sets: Monkey Business (retired), Crab and Company (just the little birthday hat), and Sock Monkey (just the balloon - 3 pictured).
Cardstock: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Naturals White, and the DSP is retired from last year (Bali Breeze), but you could use any DSP with some bold bright hues.
Ribbon: American Crafts Celebration (Hobby Lobby...but I know Michaels and Archivers also carry this brand)
Ink: Craft Chocolate Chip (so I could emboss it), and the other parts of the monkey are watercolored in with Close to Cocoa ink, Black Stazon, Stampin Write markers in Black, Tempting Turquise, So Saffron, Summer Sun, and Certainly Celery, and White Gel Pen.
Other: Red Heart (these hearts come in a pkg of self adhesive hearts in ivory, red, and pink...I think I bought them at Archivers), Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Adhesive, Clear EP, Aqua Painter
Directions:
Stamp monkey with CRAFT ink on naturals white cardstock. Emboss with clear e powder. Then watercolor other areas of the monkey with ink from the close to cocoa ink pad (squish the ink into the lid of the ink pad), using an aqua painter). Stamp 3 balloons and a hat, using black stazon ink. Use Stampin Write markers to color these items. Then use the white gel pen to add polka dots to the hat, and little white shine-mark to the balloons. Trim out these images. Then, spread Crystal Effects all over the 3 balloons and the hat. Use a toothpick to get the Crystal Effects to the edge. Let dry overnight on some slick paper (otherwise, it might stick to your table or paper). Attach the 3 balloons to the assembled card with dimensionals, and draw in the balloon strings with a black Stampin Write marker. Glue the monkey's hat on with a glue pen. Stick the little red heart on his hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bear and the monkey cards! They are adorable! PERFECT for"man cards"!