Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Pink and Zebra Personalized Stationary / Invitations

White Linen, Black Linen, Melon Mambo, Designer Paper by gcd studios (Cosette Collection), Black Jewels (Bazzill Blackbird), name printer off on printer, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, Martha Stewart punch, SU Corner Punch, SU Black Ribbon, Adhesive

I created the card up top last night for my friend, Jessica. She is hosting a bachelorette party for her best friend, and needs to mail out some invitations. She found the below invitation on the internet - and loved it, because her friend loves zebra print (I do too!!!). I think she did a great job picking out an invitation - don't you? She wanted me to duplicate the look. I made the above card, and gave it to her this morning. She loved it! Jessica is going to make the invitations herself, but she is borrowing my punches, and my design. I printed out the measurements for her paper cuts - so she can assemble everything pretty quickly. I think she is going to put all the party information on the inside of the card, since the home-made version opens up (not just a postcard, like the one she found on the internet). This will also leave more room, in case she wants to add a sentence or two. I really enjoyed using my favorite hobby to help a friend in need! I was pleased she asked me for help.

No comments: