Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Case of the Missing Peeps

Here are the cupcakes I made for our family Palm Sunday luncheon. When I was making them, my thought was, "The kids will just love these!" After church, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's (ie the in-laws) for lunch. Everyone seemed to enjoy my dessert, and the rest of the food that Grandma made was wonderful. I noticed there were a few cupcakes left, so I thought I would take them home on our way out.
When it was time to leave, Matt and I went out to the car, when suddenly I realized we forgot the leftover cupcakes. I knocked on the door and told Grandpa I came back to retrieve them.
He had a funny smirk on his face.
I said "What's wrong?"
He said, "You came to get the cupcakes?"
That's what I said, isn't it?
I said, "Well, you can have them - but I need my dish!"
He looked really uncomfortable, and said "OK. But you may not like what you see."
Hmmmm....
So, I went downstairs and found my cupcakes.
I peeked into the dish. There were four left... but there was one "little" problem. All the peeps had been pulled off!
OF COURSE, my first thought was, "I wonder which grandchild pulled off the peeps?"
Hmmmmm....
So, I went upstairs and saw Grandpa standing there at the top of the stairs. He had the guiltiest look on his face I had ever witnessed! It was literally like catching a child with his hand in the cookie jar. With one glace, I knew who the Peep Thief was. :-)
I thought it was hilarious. Seriously.
He sheepishly said, "I'm sorry."
I said, "Oh, goodness...I don't care...I can buy more Peeps! I just wanted my dish."
Cracks me up.
So, I said my good-byes, and then went out to the car. I got in and told Matt the story. He laughed so hard...I think we laughed the entire way home.
Happy Easter, Everyone!

No comments: