Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wedding Card using the Sizzix Swallow and Impressibilities

Sizzix Sizzlets "Swallow", Spellbinders Impressibilites "Floral and Stone", Vellum, SU So Saffron paper, SU So Saffron Ink, Sponge, SU So Saffron Ribbon (retired ribbon originals), SU "Congrats" Stamp Set, Archival Ink in Jet Black, Black linen and Ivory linen paper, glue dots, adhesive, vellum tape, Big Shot machine, C3 Copic Marker

Tonight I made this wedding card for my dear cousin. I am a "little" late - her wedding was a month ago! This was my first time using the Spellbinders Impressibilities. You just use it like you would a stencil. You tape it down and sponge on top of the stencil, so you get a reverse image. I love the look. The look is more shabby and homemade looking than you would get from purchased designer paper (and I know there are times we don't want to achieve that look).
To make this card, cut your birds using vellum. Then color them with a Copic Marker, otherwise the birds to not show up on the paper. Stencil your image on the So Saffron paper using So Saffron ink and a sponge. Use vellum tape to tape down the birds. Use glue dots to adhere the ribbon, every inch or so (I just eyeballed it), and scrunch up the ribbon as you go along. Stamp sentiment on card using black ink. Enjoy!

No comments: