Sunday, April 11, 2010

50th Anniversary Wedding Invitations

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been working on mom and dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary Invitations! Many of them. Even though it is a simple design...the process was long. And, I'm not even finished making the others, but have made enough to stop and show a few on my blog. For those of you that know me, you know I have to shop around a LOT before I make up my mind about what I will create next. I found some paper at the first scrapbook store...gold and black...and my first prototype just didn't do it for me. Then I went to Archivers and spied this gold and ivory paper, and found this ribbon at Michael's. I thought about embossing "Save the Date" in gold...but was worried it would get lost in the mix. I wanted a very simple design, since I had so many to make. I really wanted a sentiment that said "Golden Anniversary" or "Please Join Us", but this is all I could find. I hope our relatives enjoy getting their home-made invitation.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Ivory linen by Neenah and gold/ivory designer paper from Archivers
Stamp Set: Stampendous "Wedding Words"
Ink: Momento Black
Bling: Metals by Mark Richards (@Michael's)
Ribbon: @Michael's
Other: Nestability frame, dimensionals, and adhesive

On another note...here is a photo of my son's very first baseball game of the season! It is fun to see baseball start up again (although not as fun as basketball...not that I'm biased or anything).
And here is a photo of Lukas getting caught in the act! We can't leave anything, and I mean anything, on the kitchen counter top! Even if it is a non-food item, he will knock it off and chew it up. He is such a little weasel. :-) I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

No comments: